Monday, February 23, 2015

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

Apologies to those of you who follow this blog. I'm afraid I lost interest when the contract, I was offered from the University of Akron press was withdrawn. I made the mistake of putting all my hopes for the publication of my book on the promises made by that press. But it's a New Year and I'm determined to find a home for my book, even if it means self-publishing.


That being said, we here  in northeastern Ohio subzero temperatures for weeks now  (Not as much as the people in Boston!),  and it's getting pretty old!


I've been involved in a number of projects since I last posted. One of the most fun was The Cookie Table & Cocktail event  at the Tyler Mahoning  Valley  Historical  Center.  This event  brings some of the most talented bakers  in the area  to compete  in categories  like " Most Unexpected Ingredient," "Best Traditional Cookie," " Best Decorated  Cookie,"  and many more.


 I was lucky enough  to be named Cookie  Contest  Coordinator which put me in touch with the wonderful women and men  who do such a beautiful job as homemakers.   I enjoyed meeting them, receiving their cookies for judging  and, of course,  tasting  their cookies!  For photographs of this amazing array of cookies, .you can follow the link  on my blog for the Tyler History Center.








No comments:

Post a Comment